Finite Element Method with Patran/MSC Nastran is written for beginners who want to use MSC Nastran while learning the finite element method. The book is also suitable for designers and engineers to analyze solid mechanics problems by Nastran. The book contains twelve chapters covering the finite element method procedure and theories for linear and nonlinear, static and transient analyses that are commonly encountered while solving solid mechanics problems. In each chapter, both academic and application examples are presented by using different finite element types. These finite elements are the spring, truss, beam, plane stress, plate and three-dimensional solid elements. The book shows how to use Patran/MSC Nastran software to analyze different classes of solid mechanics problems, step-by-step, so that readers can follow and understand them easily.
• This book is ideal for beginners who want to learn Patran/MSC Nastran software to analyze solid mechanics problems.
• Presentation is in an easy-to-understand style by using simple words and equations with a large number of figures
• Finite element formulations for linear/nonlinear and static/transient solid mechanics analyses are explained
• Step-by-step guides on how to employ Patran/MSC Nastran for analyzing various problems are presented by using academic and application examples
• Files of application examples are provided by the book website that can be downloaded for self-practice